Rss Feed
  1. The Smartest Man in the World (Proopcast)

    Monday, November 26, 2012

    Here's the long and short of it:  Greg Proops is funny, he has a podcast, and he is funny on the podcast.  I am on the opinion that you should download this aforementioned podcast, listen to it, and enjoy the comedic stylings of the also aforementioned comedian Greg Proops.

    ...what, you want more information?  Fine.  Have it your way, like always!


    Just kidding darling, you're fabulous!

    Relevant Links:
    Get the podcast through Libsyn!
    Or perhaps you would prefer to get an App through iTunes!
    Tumblr!
    RSS!

    Comedian Greg Proops is smarter than you.

    Here's why you want to listen to The Smartest Man in the World:

    1. Greg Proops addresses his audience as "kittens" and you know you want in on that.
    2. If you are unable to have access to comedy clubs this podcast will give you a chance to listen to a standup comedian perform before a live audience.
    3. The Smartest Man in the World has a hefty run time per episode.
    4. Because The Smartest Man in the World is performed before a live audience, that hefty run time is lean and mean with no boring filler.
    5. I have laughed aloud (or "laughed out loud" as the kids say it these days) and that's got to be a good sign right there I-tell-you-whut.
    6.  The podcast is free!  That is always a reason to listen to a podcast.

    Greg Proops!  He travels the world to make with the laughs!  Then he records his live performances and that, as far as I understand, is how The Smartest Man in the World came into being.  I first saw Greg Proops back in the days when I would record funny tidbits on television through the magic of my VCR.

    [Kids, this was back in the day when we didn't have your fancy torrents and your precious Napsters.  If you wanted to watch an illegally copied episode of your precious animes you had to pray you knew someone with one of those special VCRs that could run two tapes at once!  Those were dark days, my friends.  You should crawl underneath your desk and kiss your CAT5 cable in gratitude right now.]


    Content RatingExplicit and flagrant about it.  In my personal realm of what I will tolerate and what I will not in regards to vulgarity I find that the Proopcast don't bother none.  That being said, I would suggest a pair of headphones to use if you are going to be listening in mixed company or at work.

     The men in the crowd look at me and go "I wish I was a nasal, effeminate guy from San Francisco!" and the women look at me and think "I wish my boyfriend was a nasal, effeminate guy from San Francisco!"

    Average Episode Length:  Ugh, effort.  The majority of episodes are well over an hour long while remaining under two hours in length.  Somewhere in between 60 minutes and 120 minutes lies the average episode length.  Close your eyes and take a guess!  Seventy-eight minutes?  Sure, sounds great.

    Drinking Game:  Take a drink whenever:
    • Greg refers to the audience as "kittens"
    • A historical fact is mentioned
    • A former president is discussed
    • Who's Line is it Anyways is brought up

    Release Schedule:  Weekly, with the release on Monday.

    Music: There is just a pinch of music in The Smartest Man in the World aka Proopcast which is a snazzy little tune for the intro and outro.

    If I had any sense of smell, or I could hear, or I could see I wouldn't have this job.  I would be a cheese taster in Provence, I really would, my name would be Jabert and I would be insufferable.  "This morbier hasn't aged enough, I can't believe you have the inconsideration and gall to put it on a cracker and give it to me.  Look at the veins on it, they're paltry!"

    Unintentionally Good Part:  You can learn things while listening!  That whole The Smartest Man in the World title ain't just for show!  Greg often enjoys sharing historical facts with the audience.

    "But ViddyViddy," you say, "He has a personal bias in the information he presents!"

    "Yes," I will reply.  "That is a true fact."

    Still, all the stories he brings up are interesting, and perhaps they will spur you on to learn more all on your own!

    Unintentionally Bad Part:  Greg Proops is unabashedly to the left of American politics, and often brings up his viewpoints during The Smartest Man in the World.  This is not an inherently bad thing, and I would say this regardless of what part of the political spectrum a person lands on.  What makes this potentially bad is if you try to listen to this in, say, a six hour car ride with someone else where the other passenger disagrees with his viewpoints. 

    Actually, that's okay too!  Nobody has to agree with everything they hear.  The potentially bad part comes along where the other person decides that you need to hear why they disagree and are inherently correct in their opinion and then you might try and drive off a cliff to get them to stop talking.  A man can only take so much.

    Unrelated rating: Two fictional ocelots out of two. 

  2. 1 comments:

    1. Unknown said...

      This is a good common sense Blog. Very helpful to one who is just finding the resources about this part. It will certainly help educate me. Visit us now for best headphones that blend of high end technology with compatible Style. http://www.smartheadphones.com.au/