Rss Feed
  1. On Blogs, and the Titles Thereof.

    Monday, October 27, 2008

    So!

    Considering that this blog is still totally bereft of any content, I shall speak of its origins.

    Everybody has a blog. Everybody. Your mother has one, and she writes about what a disappointment it was that you decided to get that liberal arts degree instead of becoming a nice doctor or plumber or something that didn't involve Victorian lesbian poetry and when are you going to meet a nice boy?

    I, apparently, am a part of everybody. So now I have a blog as well.

    The title of the blog was a killer to come up with. I find the most harrowing part of creating something is coming up with the title or name. My characters is D&D have no idea the struggle that I have coming up with their names while I throw their skills points willy-nilly onto the sheets of paper that represent their existence.

    Viddyviddy is totally not what I wanted to name this blog. Originally the name was going to be a tremendously clever play on the last lines from T.S. Elliot's poem The Wasteland. See, I thought it was spelled "Shanti" and this blog's title was meant to be "Shanti, shanting, shantied". Get it? It implies the past, present and future forms of the...word...and its a reference to a major Modernist...poem...

    Ok, yeah. Turns out it is spelled "Shantih" and the whole thing went up in flames.

    Now the title is viddyviddy. Figure out the reference for yourself.

  2. 0 comments: